CONNECTPlus App: Rheumatology Case Study
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
Phase 1 - Information only app
To support and engage with patients to better self manage their care at home to reduce the need for face to face or phone consultations. This phase was successfully rolled out to patients in 2019 and has had over 1800 downloads to date.
The rheumatology team have seen a drop in the number of calls to their department and patients have said it has been extremely useful for them.
- shortened calls because the department direct people to the app
- enabled group education
- greater compliance with drug regimens
- getting people into remission more quickly
Phase 2 - Interactive PROMS Scoring & Medicines Management
HCI and TSD have co-developed Phase 2 of the app which provides a more interaction between patient and consultant with a direct link into the Trust's patient record system, Patient's Know Best.
You can find out more and download the app here.
- Medicines management
- PROMS pain scores and reporting
- Calendar and appointment reminders
- Education videos
- Reduced calls to the department
- Better informed and supported patients
- Risks flagged to the department
Implementation: HCI were integral in the funding application, scoping, design, build, testing of the app, as well as leading on the commercialisation model and platform development to enable other Trusts to commission and use.